Sunday, September 29, 2013

Five for Friday September 27th


Yes I'm posting this 2 days late but the important thing is I'm back!! What can I say but back to school makes me exhausted and it takes everything I can to stay up past 9. Since we get home around 6:30-7 I don't have much time to blog before my early bedtime. But this week went better and I'm ready to start blogging again, so Five for Friday here we go! 


We celebrated Johnny Appleseed this week.  Just like every other 1st grade class in the US I'm sure. It's one of my faves because we can integrate so much!  After doing Rachel's apple vocabulary page we sliced apples and set up the dehydrator so we would be ready for Friday's taste test. 


I finally finished all my BOY assessments and am ready to pull guided reading groups!! Could not be more excited!  The kids are doing really well with D5. We have mastered 20 min of R2S, WoW and R2S1. I'll launch WW Monday and L2SR.

My kiddos were super pumped to use the iPads this week!  We used the geoboard app instead of real Geoboards and it went perfectly. No geobands flying across the room, no one got hurt. LOVE IT!

The highlight of my week was getting my new iPhone.  I have had the 4 for about 3 years and am so in love with my new 5s!  Takes great pictures and I do love Siri!
Finally I can I just say how excited I am that my Skins won today???

Be sure to link up with Kacey!


Signature

1 comment:

  1. Gracie,
    I found you through Five for Friday. I'm from PA, not so far from you. :)

    Your classroom is adorable! I just ordered the 5s online. It's due to arrive in October...can't wait!

    Following you.

    :) Wendy

    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete